Your information and data:
We not request or hold any credit/debit card information. All payment transactions are directed to Stripe, a Secure Payment Capture service. Stripe ensures the highest security for the processing of your credit and debit card details by means of a secure SSL-encrypted link for all online credit verification.
Stripe guarantee you, the cardholder, that your transaction details cannot be obtained and used fraudulently as the result of an online transaction.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, purchasing publications through our Website, subscribing to a service provided by us, posting material on or to our Website or requesting further services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits to our Website (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access).
The cookies we use enable us:
• to estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
• to store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
• to speed up your searches; and
• to recognise you when you return to our Website.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we believe may interest you. If you do not wish to receive unsolicited emails regarding products or services that we think may be of interest to you, you will be given simple instructions for discontinuing from our automated email services.
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us. To the extent that carrying out such obligations necessitates us disclosing your personal information to agents, contractors or other third parties involved in the performance of contracts entered into between you and us, you agree and consent to such disclosure.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- In order to comply with any of our legal and regulatory obligations.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we offer you a discount coupon for products and services provided by a third party and you accept that offer.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business (in whole or in part) or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets and may sell and transfer personal data collected through the site in connection with and pursuant to the sale of any such business or assets.
- If Whymanity: Research and Training Ltd or substantially all of its assets is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- To to enable us to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; to operate our systems properly; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of Whymanity: Research and Training Ltd its subsidiaries, affiliates, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [email protected] and asking us to cease contacting you for such purposes.
Our Website may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Links to other websites